Monday, May 12, 2014

50's Night

We finished up our curriculum, America From the Beginning with a 50's night.   


We had Pineapple Upside Down Cake 


and Tuna Noodle Casserole

3 cans tuna drained
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 onion (sauteed)
1 package of rotini noodles (cooked)
1 small jar of pimentos

Mix all those together and throw some cheddar cheese on top.  Make sure to add your favorite topping--bread crumbs, buttered cracker crumbs, french onions!

Bake until bubbly! 


We played Scrabble, but you could also play Sorry!, Clue or Monopoly as a family.  Those all come from the 1950's. 

Television was new, so there are several shows from that time period you could watch together-Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet or Father Knows Best.  

Tera and Daniel decided we should watch Harvey starring Jimmy Stewart.  That is such a great movie.  

My favorite quote:  

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. 
You may quote me".


 It was a great evening of family fun!  We may try these theme nights more often!  

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...