Thursday, February 16, 2012

30 days of bread: Pancakes




Back when we were trying to figure out what foods were causing my son's allergic reaction, I happened upon this recipe.  It's an egg-free, dairy-free pancake.  I still use it in a pinch when I'm out of eggs or milk.  My kids always enjoy these and sometimes I'll even add in pumpkin puree as well. 

2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
4 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups water (soy milk or any other milk, or half milk/half water)
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together

Add sugar.

Add vanilla, oil, half the water and whisk together.

Gradually add rest of liquid until it's a thick pouring consistency.

Make just like regular pancakes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...