Monday, February 6, 2012

30 days of bread: Pizza Crust




  
Almost every Sunday we have pizza for lunch...every time I use this recipe found at Hillbilly Housewife.








  • 1-1/4 cups water (plus 1 or 2 more tablespoons if necessary)





  • 3 tablespoons olive or other vegetable oil





  • 1 teaspoon salt





  • 4 cups bread flour or all purpose flour





  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast





  • Sometimes I add fresh garlic and herbs to the ingredients which only makes this dough even better. 

    Put ingredients into bread machine and select Dough cycle.  Once completed, I divide the dough in half and place on a greased pan to rest for 20 mins.  Then press dough into 2 separate pizza pans.  I precook my crusts for 10 mins on 375-400 degrees.  Top with sauce, cheese and favorite toppings and bake until cheese is melted and crust is brown.  Delicious everytime!

    I've also used this dough for cheesesticks, cinnamon rolls, pizza rolls and it has gotten lots of compliments. 

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...