Saturday, February 4, 2012

30 days of bread: No Fail Refrigerator Rolls



I found this recipe a couple of years back at Diana's Kitchen. Again, I do not see it on the site but this is a great recipe.  Tera requests these every birthday and  I make these most holidays. These are the easiest rolls ever. They remind me of Quincy's rolls if anyone remembers that restaurant. (Sorry no picture...I'll look through all Tera's birthday posts for one and update later)

No Fail Refrigerator Rolls

Mix together:
1 egg
1tsp. salt
1/2 cups sugar

Dissolve:
1 pkg. yeast or 2 1/4 tsps.
2 cups lukewarm water

Combine egg mixture and yeast mixture

Stir in:
2 1/2 cups flour

Mix well.

Stir in :
2 1/2 cups flour

Mix well.

Add:
3 Tbsp. melted shortening or you could use butter

Stir again.

Let rise until doubled. Stir down and refrigerate. I refrigerate overnight. Take and form rolls 1 1/2 hours prior to baking. Place in greased pans and let rise in a warm place. Bake 350 degrees until golden. Brush tops with melted butter. This dough will last up to a week.

Jo Steenborg, December 1996, College Hill Elementary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...