Sunday, June 13, 2010

Squash


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Officially the bottom two shouldn't be in a post labelled squash but they were such pretty little carrots and they came from our own garden. I just couldn't resist.

Our zucchini and summer squash are starting to come in, I've been enjoying them already and thought I would share some recipes with you.
Tried and true squash recipes:
Mrs. Eby's Squash Casserole
1 1/2 lb. yellow squash
salt and pepper
1 jar pimentos, chopped
4 oz. (1/2 pkg.) herb stuffing
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cream of chicken soup
3/4 stick margarine
Cook squash, mash, season to taste. Saute onion in butter.
Then mix all ingredients together.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is the best way to eat squash, I could make myself sick with this recipe. My kids don't particularly like it but that's fine because that just means- more for me.
Marinated Zucchini
Slice zucchini
Marinate in Italian dressing and Parmesan Cheese
Oh so yummy!
Squash recipes I'd like to try this year:
Kraft Zesty Grilled Veggies
Farmer's Market Squash Saute
There are two recipes in my Fix-It and Forget-It Crockpot Cookbook that I'm looking forward to trying- Zucchini Special- a layered recipe with onion and tomato with basil and mozzarella cheese and Squash Casserole which sounds like a crockpot version of Mrs. Eby's recipe. Have I mentioned how much I love that recipe? I'm thinking about making a special trip to the store for the ingredients. The squash on my counter are begging to be eaten.
It's a Boy's Life has some great zucchini recipes:
Poor Man's Crab Cakes
Zucchini Pancakes and more
What is your favorite way to eat squash? Share your favorite recipes so I can try them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...