Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Awesome Crab and Artichoke Dip

The other night after the kids went to bed, I got the munchies. I was in the mood for something they wouldn't like to eat. We have supper together every night. I do not cater to my kids, but you are always respectful to things you know are not too weird. Well, I was in the mood for something the kids would think was weird. The last time I was in Food Lion, they had crab meat on sale for $1 a package. I snagged one and put it in the freezer. I had a small can of artichoke hearts in the pantry and we found this recipe on Kanimi's (the crab meat company) site. This is a modified version of their recipe. It was awesome. I mean awesome.

Here it is:

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 garlic cloves or 2 Tbsp
1/2 Tbsp lime juice ( I used more)
1 7 ounce can of artichoke hearts chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese ( they said swiss, we used pizza cheese)
1 8 ounce package of crab meat broken apart
Top with sprinkle of bread crumbs and a little Old Bay Spice

Combine all ingredients and heat until bubbly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...